2018 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Happy New Year! Happy 2019!

So, 2018 had its ups and downs, and I feel more myself than I've felt in ages. Time to review 2018; the good, the bad and the ugly. Enjoy.

ACHIEVEMENTS
I like to count all achievements, no matter how small! I must add that I'm quite competitive, especially with myself, so I'm hoping that in 2019 I do better than this list!

  • Passed my motorcycle test
  • Rescued a child at work
  • Completed in two cheerleading competitions in Nottingham and Birmingham
  • Wrote two, almost three essays
  • Did CPR on a real person (a few times, and no ROSC unfortunately)
  • Smashed my OSCEs (obnoxious - sorry not sorry), with 99% in my basic life support exam
  • Sailed in our RS 400 for the first time (and capsized within five seconds)
  • Passed my first year of university with a first!
  • Hugely reduced my alcohol consumption
  • Became a fully fledged Sea Scout leader
  • Completed ten weeks of ambulance placement in year one, and five in year two


TRAVEL
In the first six months of 2018 we did a little bit of travelling, then it kind of fizzled out. I guess uni, work and teacher training got in the way! One of my huge regrets was that my phone died mid 2018 which is so annoying as I lost a load of my photos and was not able to take photos over two of my trips. Hey ho, I've definitely learnt my lesson! Here are the places that I travelled to!

  • Bansko - Bulgaria
  • Nottingham - England
  • Snowdonia - Wales
  • Rotterdam - Holland
  • Pembrokeshire - Wales
  • Kent - England
  • Southampton - England
  • Carmarthenshire - Wales

GOALS
2019 is going to be the year of Danii Self Growth. I am so excited! I'm going to work on myself and try to be the most me, that I can be! Rewind three years back, I used to be so fit and active, with so much energy and I was smashing life. Working 20-40 hours a week teaching, lifeguarding, running a swimming pool, writing 3+ essays a week for college and still working out and feeling good! Priorities totally get in the way sometimes, which is fine! I needed to focus on other stuff. But now I feel ready to get parts of the old me back.
2019 is the year to train like a ninja. I am so excited. I've changed my mind on fitness, personally it used to be all aesthetics: six-pack and booty to me. I'm over that. I want to train for my job and for my life, so I find general life easier. Ninja boss lady pending. On with the goals!
  • Eat from scratch! Less processed and pre-made food. Lots of veg and lots of protein
  • Try to choose healthier options when eating and drinking out
  • Continue trying my best with my degree 
  • Work on my hobbies
  • Practice self-care all the time
  • Decide and stick at my new job
  • Reduce procrastination, increase productivity and improve time-management
  • Increase my upper body strength and reduce my body fat. Improve my cardiovascular fitness and agility. #trainlikeaninja
  • Be slightly more sociable (and reply to my texts and emails better)

HEALTHY HABITS
Over the past few months I've learnt some pretty big things about myself. I'm a morning person and I work so much better before 2pm. I miss exercise and the way it makes me look and feel.

  • Drink three litres of water a day
  • Get up at 6am (not 6.01) at least five times a week
  • Go to bed at 10pm and get those eight hours of sleep
  • Moisturise my face every day
  • Do something for myself at least once a day
  • Workout between three and five days a week (#trainlikeaninja)
  • Practice yoga more
  • Stop chewing my nails (grub life)

I hope you enjoyed the good, the bad and the ugly. Let me know your goals, and maybe I can steal some of yours! I'm excited for this years and I have some plans. Please follow for some exciting things happening soon! Lets smash 2019.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In My Paramedic Uniform

Paramedic Science Interview Question Examples Part 1

My first week as a Student Paramedic