'Twas Night Before Placement...

'Twas night before placement when all through the house,
I worried and I packed, fluttering nervously like a mouse.
Kit bag was packed by the front door with care,
Waiting for 5am when I would be leaving there.
(adaption from 'Twas the night before Christmas')

Tomorrow, bright and breezy I start my placement. I am very nervous obviously. I have never been on an ambulance before and having not been at uni for the past 5 weeks, I feel as if I know nothing!
I am excited though! This is what I am expecting for tomorrow:

4am ~ Wakey wakey rise and shine! Breakfast time and time to get ready.
5am ~ Leaving the house, sat nav and coffee at the ready.
6am ~ Arrive at the station with enough time to get myself sorted out.
6.30am ~ Shift starts! Beginning with a station induction for approximately 1 hour then off on the road.
6.30pm ~ (Hopefully) shift finishes on time and off on my way home I go! Obviously this depends on if we are on a call or not.

My pockets contents:

  • JR Calc
  • Stethoscope
  • Fob watch
  • Pens and pen torch
  • NHS ID tag

My kit bag contents:

  • PAD document (for university students to record their progress)
  • OSCE sheets for practice and reading
  • High vis, soft shell jacket and helmet
  • Phone charger
  • Water bottle, lunch and snacks
  • Mini squash bottle 
My car contents:
  • Spare change of uniform
  • Spare change of clothes
  • Towel and shower stuff
Anyway, I am off to bed now! I will keep posting blog updates with updated kit bags and hacks, so follow if you do not want to miss out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's In My Paramedic Uniform

Paramedic Science Interview Question Examples Part 1

I had COVID-19 and here is how it went - Part 1